Thread milling cutters
In developing the new solid carbide thread milling cutters for small threads from M1,6 to M8, Walter Prototyp has not only expanded its product range, but it has also introduced a new milling strategy onto the market. A short cutting section of just three pitches means the thread is milled in a special helix curve.
This new working principle gives rise to a significant reduction in centrifugal forces, which in turn increases the tool life and process reliability.
Orbital thread milling cutter for M1,6 and above
- Greater shank diameter for vibration-free use, even with longer lengths
- Shorter cutting edge, smaller helix angle and positive rake angle for reduced forces and a soft cut
- Design for 2xd and 3xd deep threads
Ni27 thread milling cutter
- Newly developed solid carbide thread milling cutter with rounded profile, which is particularly suitable for producing threads in high-quality and expensive nickel components (e.g. in the field of aerospace technology) with extremely high process reliability
- TiCN-hard material coating for optimum tool life