The ECO thread former Protodyn Cap from Walter Prototyp has been developed to guarantee optimal internal coolant supply. The innovative, front face radial coolant outlets mean the tool has a higher degree of stability in comparison to conventional thread formers with internal cooling.
ECO thread former Protodyn CAP
- Significantly increased tool life in terms of external coolant supply, particularly with greater thread depths.
- Equally suitable for use in blind and through holes.
- Optimised for wet machining, but minimum quantity lubrication is also possible.
- Greater tool life due to the TIN-coating that has been specially modified for thread formers.
The HSS-E thread former PROTODYN S Synchrospeed has been specially developed for use in machines with synchronous spindle. The tool is particularly suitable for producing threads in all ductile materials with a strength of up to 1200 N/mm² or at least 10% expansion.
Synchrospeed-thread former Protodyn S Synchrospeed
- Universal use (through holes and blind holes)
- High tool life through HSS-E
- High accuracy to gauge thanks to pointed polygon profile
- High process reliability thanks to short thread component and special geometry
- High degree of efficiency thanks to special surface treatment